Are You Ready For Potty Training?

You may also like...

6 Responses

1. Katelyn says:

Potty training is pretty much the worst. For REAL! I had the awesome dilemma of being a first time mom to twins. I had no idea what I was doing or when I should do it or how long it would last, etc. And ultimately the key to potty training success is whether the mother is committed to it! So, yes, you are being selfish, but that's okay! If you aren't ready, neither are they!

2. Tiffiny says:

I don't think you are being selfish. It sounds like you're making life easier on your entire family by waiting. My daughter is almost two and a half, and I've just started to think about starting potty training, but obviously, I don't know the first thing about it. I'm sensing from your post, that I don't need to rush it. Which is good to hear, since I'm really hesitant about it right now.

3. Aysh S says:

I hope you think of buying Becky's book Tiffany. It has everything you need to know and step by step.

4. Aysh S says:

Yep… that's what I feel too… how can we get them ready when we aren't.

5. Nadine says:

I have rheumatoid arthritis so I'm not always able to get up at the appropriate times to take
    my 2yr old to potty. He wears undies for a little while then I just end up changing him back to a diaper. He is also very obviously not ready for this yet. I end up feeling super guilty because like you said we're always expected to be super mom. But this post laid things out for me. I feel like I can take things slow and pick it up when we're both ready 🙂 Thank you!

6. Aysh S says:

I am glad you felt re-assured Nadine. If it is any comfort, I started my first born when he was 3 yrs old and we were trained in 3 days. When the time is right, you will both find a way. Until then enjoy him and take it easy yourself! 🙂