25+ Finger Puppets For Story Time
Do you like puppets? I like them tiny and cute and the kind that I can slip in to my pocket and pull out to surprise my little ones. I have been looking for ideas to add to my collection and found some amazing new ones. Here are 25+ fun free finger puppets for you too.
Never under estimate the power of a finger puppet! If you have never experienced a child going ga-ga or khi-khi-khi over them then trust me, you have to try them now! One of the easiest way to entertain a child is to show them a funny little toy that talks, claps and dances. If it tells a story too then you have just become the coolest person on the planet! They make fantastic travel toys and are great to put into a busy bag too. You can also include them in gifts. They are good for teaching lessons, starting conversations, de-stressing a cranky baby and perfect for when there is a toddler tantrum. I let my kids win them too. 🙂 They love it while learning nursery rhymes and songs with puppets is rocking crazy! Stories come to life… lessons have more meanings… comedy is hilarious and knock-knock jokes are the funniest with these little things. We love puppets at bedtimes with our book.
There are quite a few ways to make finger puppets. You don’t have to only draw with a sharpie on your finger all the time. You can use paper, felt, sew with cloth, use duck tape or whatever you imagine is a possibility! I am sharing some fun ideas here.
Here are some ideas using pipe-cleaners:
- A fun little Itsy Bitsy Spider by Laly Mom that even your toddler can use while singing the rhyme.
- These super quick and super cute are pipe cleaners and pom-poms.
- Here are another of those type.
- These fun finger puppets are pipe cleaners and styro foam balls!
The above puppets are made from felt. You can glue or sew them together. Click the links that take you to the patterns for each of them.
- For Minion Lovers, make these felt Minions.
- For the Frozen fans, here are some fun felt finger puppets
- Here is a Castle, puppets and knights all made from felt!
- Sew on these little pieces to make all your farm animals for Old MacDonald song.
- ‘Butterfly Butterfly flutter by’ that you slip on to your finger!
- Count sheeps with these finger sheeps!
- Don’t have the patience to sew or work, then this is a simple idea using a flannel gloves, felt and some Velcro dots.
- Five Little Pumpkins from felt.
Don’t have felt, then make these with just paper:
- These are paper envelop puppets that you make and decorate yourself.
- For The Very Hungry Caterpillar Story
- For the Monsters Inc. fans.
- These are made from paper. Click the link to go to the printable that will help you make them. Print these for farm finger puppets from Paper
- Make your own seagull and other ocean exploration puppets for the story
- This funny guy is a fun way to use your un matched socks!
- For the little ones who want pet dogs, make these little finger dogs.
- Here are some Easter inspired eggs, chicks and bunnies.
- Check out these fun puppets that are made from recyclable material.
- This is an idea we have used many times! A rubber glove is all you need!
Do you have any more Finger Puppet ideas to share with us? Come on share in the comments below or hop on over to our Facebook Page!