I have a new pattern to share with you today! I made a spider web crochet potholder pattern this week. It uses a variegated yarn and I love the color of fall. Those of you who follow me on Instagram know that I have been keeping myself busy with a lot of crochet projects. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to write up many of them but here is this new design for you to try!
Spider web Potholder Crochet Pattern
- Variegated 100% acrylic yarn
- Crochet hook
Every row starts with ch1 before the first FPDC except for the first row where first dc is ch3
- Ch- chain
- St- stitch
- Sl- slip stitch
- Dc- double crochet
- Fpdc- front post double crochet
- Bpdc- back post double crochet
- Start with ch4 and join to make a ring. Ch3 and count it as first dc. 12dc into the ring. Join to first dc.
- Ch1. fpdc over dc of previous row. Dc on the same dc of previous row. fpdc and dc on every dc of previous row all around. Join with sl st to first stitch.
- Ch1. fpdc on the fpdc of previous row; 2 bpdc on the dc of the previous row all around.
- Ch1. * fpdc on the fpdc of last row; 2 bpdc on the first bpdc of previous row; 1 bpdc on the next bpdc . Repeat from * all around. Join to top of first fpdc.
- For all of the next rows: start with ch1. fpdc on fpdc of last row, 2 bpdc on first bpdc of last row, bpdc on each of the remaining bpdc on last row all around. Join in top of first fpdc.
I continued till I had 10 bpdc between the fpdc. Depending on the yarn you are using and also your needle size you can continue to your desire.
This potholder crochet pattern would look lovely as a slouchy too. Just maintain the number of stitches on the hat after you have the size of the crown. The hat should start to shape up if you stopped increasing the number of bpdc. Once you have the desired height, start the brim by alternating fpsc and bpsc to get that ridged look that looks perfect for a band. You can either finish off as it is or make the last row as reverse sc.
I hope you enjoy this crochet pattern. Get the pattern and pictures in PDF format by clicking here.