10 Ways to Send a Boy to the Mosque for Prayer

You may also like...

12 Responses

1. Fozia S says:

JazakAllah Khair for sharing. Great advice and tips for mothers with sons.

2. Fatima says:

Okay so I am going to bookmark this post for future use. My son is too small to go to the mosque at the moment but Insha Allah once he grows old enough, I would definitely want him to go.

• Aysh says:

Thanks for commenting, Fatima. Do visit the first post in the series. I am sure you’ll love to start that first. 🙂

3. Sofia says:

This has some great advice for mums with boys! I will definately be passing this on to all the mummies with boys that i know 🙂

4. Lubna Karim says:

5. Umme Hafsa says:

heheh I love this post! It’s real! Some days bribery/finding a reason to go out/ getting someone to tag along is what needs to be done 🙂

6. Amina says:

Masha Allah, It’s great that you live in a place where it’s safe to send your boy to the masjid alone or with a buddy. That’s a luxury not available to many in our world today.

As an educator, I like the points you made about using charts, an accountability partner and also going to different masjids.

May Allah guide us to making our boys among those who are sincerely attached to the masjid.

7. Hina says:

Mashallah. Beautiful and honest article. I was reading it for my brother as he avoids masjid and prayers. Hes 24 by the way. Most wont be applicable to him but I was enjoy reading about your experience and tactics so much. ☺ again beautifully written
    Hina – http://www.hinasworld.com

• Aysh says:

Thank you Hina. 🙂 Okay here’s a little secret about boys that old. Shame them! 😀 I am still working on my younger brother. When I am home, he FEARS me. 😉

8. Sainab says:

Hahaa, I really like your list. I think you have some great strategies on there. I will definitely be using some when my son is at the age of Salah.

9. Lubna says:

Love your list of ideas. My son is 9 years old. He’S mostly good to go but there are THOSE days which do require some creative thinking!)