Almond Flour Raisin Cookies Recipe- Healthy and Gluten Free
Almond Flour Raisin Cookies are our new favourite type of cookies. I think we are just about ready to replace our choco chip cookies with these now!
We all love a healthy and balanced diet but how possible is it to stick to your resolutions of eating healthy when you see cookies? I don’t know about you but, I can’t hold my hand at all.
I recently started looking for healthier options to my cravings. Almond Flour Raisin cookies is what I have found. These cookies are delicious and my son loved it too. And yes, it is gluten free!
Almonds, because they are so healthy and loaded with nutrients. It’s benefits are huge. Promotes immunity, great for the brain, maintains strong bones which is essential for kids of growing age as well as adults and nursing mothers. Plus it also acts as a quick energy booster.
Now this cookie recipe, uses almond flour. Don’t worry if you don’t have it in your pantry because I’m going to show you how easy it is to make it yourself in your kitchen.
Almond Flour Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp confectioners sugar(can be replaced with maple syrup)
- 3 tbsp softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder(optional)
- Raisins(how much ever you like)
How to make almond flour:
I have blanched almonds for a finer flour but you can also grind it with the skin.
- Measure 3/4th cup of almonds(it yields 1 cup almond flour) and place them in hot water for about a minute or two.
2. Drain water and run tap water over it then remove skin
3. Place it on a paper towel so that it absorbs the water
4. Roast almonds on a pan with low flame. Make sure it just gets dry and moisture free but doesn’t change colour
5. Grind the almonds and the flour is ready
How to make the Almond Raisin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line baking tray with wax paper.
- Mix all the ingredients with hand to form the cookie dough. The dough will be crumbly. Don’t worry about it. That is just the way it is supposed to be.
3. Divide the cookie dough into small balls. You will get around 15.
4. Flatten the balls using your fingers or a fork
5. Place them on the baking tray leaving spaces in between
6. Bake for 7-10 mins and its done!
Let it cool completely before taking it off the tray.
Enjoy! Do let me know if when you try our Almond Flour Raisin Cookies! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments.