My 4 year old is in love with Ninja Turtles these days. He just started school this month and wanted everything to be Ninja Turtle themed.
So, I came up with the idea of making a Ninja turtle pencil holder to surprise him.
The best part about this DIY craft is that it is SO simple and yet so adorable. Can you guess that I’ve upcycled a milk carton to make this..?
If you are looking for an Earth Day craft to make with your kids or even a quick craft using recyclable materials, here is how to make this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed pencil holder.
Here’s a list of things that you’ll need:
- Small milk carton(200 or 150ml)
- Coloured paper
- Wiggly eyes
How to make the Ninja Turtle Pencil Holder
- Cut out the top part of the carton, wash and let it dry.
- Make 2 cut outs from a cereal box of the same size as that of the milk carton base.
- Stick those cuts outs together and then glue it to the milk carton base(I did this so that the pencil holder has a firm base)
- Now wrap it up in green coloured paper.
- Use a coloured paper of your choice for the mask. Cut a strip out of it and stick it around the carton. Leave out some part of that strip and make a triangle cut on that end.
- Stick 2 wiggly eyes on the mask.
Draw a smile/smirk with the marker.
Done. That’s how simple it is!
We’ve been using it from a week and its still going good.
Try this simple Ninja Turtle craft and let us know how your little one liked it.
This Guest post is written by Nabila Sultana. Follow her on Instagram
This craft is perfect example of using recyclable material. I used a milk carton in this. Here are a few more ideas: