It is time to make February Mom goals! What are you celebrating from the past month? What are you looking forward to… Let’s look at our mom plans together and lift each other up!
January was a great month for me. Passion solves everything.
If you can’t do it with passion, don’t do it at all.
This is one rule that has helped me choose sanity over chaos on even the worst of days. This past month, I learnt this lesson from a different angle.
I am celebrating 5 things from January:
- My talk on SEO and Networking on the Muslimah Blogger Summit
- The Intentional Mom Life Plan email course.
- The award that called us one of the most popular blogs in Saudi Arabia.
- My girls FINALLY moving to their own bed in their own room!! (YAY!! This is one of the best things ever!)
- Birth of my second nephew! (Okay wait… I am undecided if this should be top of the list…)
The Muslimah Bloggers Summit:
Earlier in January, we had the Muslimah Blogger Summit where a group of us got together to help learn more about blogging. We aren’t all ‘experts’ as such but each one of us talked about a topic we are most passionate about. The conference is over but the videos are available for purchase. If you are an aspiring Muslimah Blogger, I highly recommend you purchasing them. Learn more here.
The Intentional Mom Plan:
What started with a post to inspire moms to try making goals… became a full fledged 12 lessons email course complete with extra worksheets and lots of thought provoking examples.
DO YOU HAVE A LIFE PLAN?
'Goals without plans are just dreams'... We cannot live the life of our dreams until we have a plan!
Be the Deliberate, Intentional, Confident Mom that you always wanted to be. Download this FREE life planner and get started!
I had never done something like this before. It was my plan last year, to write courses for topics that I am most passionate about but I was just so shaky about starting.. but then you girls pushed me to it!
The result has been amazing! I never though so many of you would sign up to make your own life plans . You totally blew me away by replying to my emails every day! Some letters have made me cry…. tears of joy and familiarity.
I blog because I am passionate about parenting and motherhood. I love moms who try harder to find time for themselves. Once upon a time, I was that mom who did not see purpose or direction… I was depressed that I couldn’t pursue my dreams. I felt confined and tied down. Then little by little I started working purposefully on creating joy in my life. The Intentional Mom plan was to help you find that joy.
Your emails have shown me that I have found my tribe!
I have sat up late nights writing and then woken up early in the morning to make those printable sheets… something I had no experience with. I have just started making printables since last year and I am still nervous if they are good enough but you people… you really downloaded them, printed them and wrote in them!
The Most Popular Blog in Saudi Arabia:
Right out of the blue, I was tagged on my Facebook Page that we are one of the top most popular blogs in Saudi Arabia. Number 4 in the Top 30 to be precise. 😐
I am humbled.
Moving Two Kids to their own Bed!
Finally after 3+ years of co sleeping with two ‘Starfishes’, I finally have my bed back.
We were NOT the co-sleeping type. 😐 I was PRO put-the-baby-in-the-cot mom but then laziness took over and I just didn’t want to get out of bed to feed the baby. Also I was lazy to put the elder baby back in her cot after she acme in my bed at night.
Then when they both become older toddlers, I wanted to cuddle them to sleep and hear all the cutesy stuff they say at bedtime.
Bad choice. But… ughhh they are SO CUTE!!
We hit troubled waters because of it. More about that in another post but now Thankful that they both have a bed of their own to sleep in and that the bed is NOT in our room anymore. 🙂
Birth of my new nephew!
There is nothing more awesome than getting a brand new nephew (or a niece). It is like having a baby of your own without the pains and discomforts of delivery! 😀 SubhanAllah the blessing to be able to live close to your family.
February Mom Goals.
In January, I made a few goals for myself that my family is in love with.
- We are going to try 100 new recipes in 2018! The doable plan is to eat or make nine recipes every month. InshaAllah by the end of the year there will be enough new dishes to make part of our regular menu. The reason we are doing this is because we are all bored off our regular menu! Seriously, I need food inspiration. You can follow our journey on Instagram.<
When language is a barrier but you still want to try the recipe… this Persian meatball and veggie recipe turned out delicious 😋 . My goal this year is to try and add 100 new recipes to our menu… ☺️ If you have to eat why not something new, right? 😉 . What can I say I’m just bored off our current staples… do you know that feeling? . My son helped make the meatballs all by himself. The girls asked for a second helping so.. 💯 . Kids love food they help make you know… what do you say?
- My personal word for 2018 is CREATE. I need a just do it attitude in my life. I do so much thinking or I get diverted to other things. SO everyday, I am trying hard to work on creating at least something. Food, craft, paint, write or if all things fail, I should have at least created joy for my family.
- This month, I am going to be starting another email series for my blog. We are working on Time Management for Moms. Stay tuned and subscribe to my newsletter because that is the best way to keep in touch with me.
- I am also conducting an online class to teach crochet so if you are in Jeddah join us on the Crocheters of Jeddah Group. If you are not inJeddah and want to learn, leave me a message and I will add you to the wait list for when I open the course for everyone. 🙂
- On a spiritual level, I am doing the Productivity journal by Ayeina. Did you know that if you have the digital version, you can write in it on iPhone or iPad too? Yes, you can!
These are just some of my Feb goals. Join my bloggy buddies below to get more inspiration. If you are a blogger and interested in writing your monthly goals on your blog, leave your link below so we can visit you. 🙂
Welcome to the Monthly Goals Blog Hop! Do you plan your month ahead? Have you anything in particular that your looking forward to this month? Is there anything in your life that needs focus? Kids, family, self… what is your motivation?
This blog hop and link up is to help you make new friends and find a partner to stay accountable to. Every month, a group of us get together to write our monthly goals. This helps us stay connected, accountable as well as inspire other moms to know how we do it all.
This month the participating blogs are:
Jeddah Mom – Confident Parenting | Deliberate Motherhood
Alizeh My Life